IT student dies on the way to the hospital


Uganda Christian University (UCU) community is mourning the death of a Bachelor of Information Technology student, Edgar Francis Isanga, which occurred on February 29.
The deceased, who was staying at Galaxy Count Hostel in Bugujju was discovered unconscious, and injured in his room at around 1:45am on the fateful night.
The hostel’s custodian, Denis Dravuni, said the deceased’s neighbours heard an unusual sound coming out of his room at around 1:00am and ran to see what had happened, only to find that he had locked himself inside, and was groaning.
“We took almost 30 minutes trying to break the three padlocks on his door,” Dravuni said, adding that two of the padlocks on the metallic door were inside and one outside.
Eyewitnesses said that when they finally opened the door, they found Isanga lying in a pool of blood with three deep wounds on his head and with other injuries all over his body.
The custodian said that the deceased might have had stressful issues, which must have forced him to injure himself.
“Isanga had not disclosed to us anything about his life and his death came as a shock to most of us,” he said. To save Isanga, who was still alive, but unconscious, the Allan Galpin Ambulance arrived on time. A few minutes later, however, he was pronounced dead while on the way to the hospital.
Arthur Nagimesi, a UCU alumnus, who helped to break into the room to rescue Isanga, said they tried all they could but it seemed it was late that he could not live to see the other day.

The Late Edgar Francis Isanga

Nagimesi described the late as a humble and honest friend. “We have truly missed a humble man. He has been there for everyone and we shall miss him,” Nagimesi said.
To the UCU community, Isanga’s death left many talking about what could have caused it. “He has been my personal friend and I have never had a disagreement with him,” Michael Kabengwa, a second-year student of Bachelor of Business Administration, said.
Sources said that the deceased had a misunderstanding with some of his close family members, which could have prompted him to consider taking his life.
The guild government secured Shs600,000 towards his burial arrangements. The Guild President, Timothy Kadaga, also led a team of over 80 students to represent the university at the burial. In his address to mourners, Kadaga asked them to remain strong and thank God for having given them time to spend with the deceased.
The late was laid to rest on March 2 at his ancestral home in Kabarole District.